Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Corruption is an overrated vice



Just picking up from where I left, the most hated word of the season seems to be Corruption. That made me thinking, what happened to the people who were saying just a few years back “I don’t care if somebody takes some money as long as he does the work”. Why the sudden change of heart?
Then I realized that it’s all about extent. Another typical example is gold. A 100% pure gold is useless, it’s just Au, its soft like lead and you can’t build anything out of it. To make something with gold you have to add some impurity to it and whether you like it or not, you have to accept it. We are happy as long as the impurity is in the range of 99% (24 carat), 92%(22 carat) or even 75% (18 carat). But you will not accept it if it goes below that. So you see; the question is not about pure or corrupt, the question is about how corrupt it is.
People voted for the UPA-I government even though there were serious allegation of corruption against them. Why? Because at that point of time; corruption was not having direct impact on their life. But the extent of corruption of UPA was so high that by 2013 it had eaten into the vitals of the nation. As a result there was a direct impact on the AAM Aadmi. Prices were soaring, Gas cylinders were getting scare and suddenly the Aam Aadmi realized that corruption is BAD..
Wake up. The highly celebrated AaM Aadmi gives too hoots about corruption as long as he is getting his basic necessities right. Give him a few more subsides and a few extra cylinders; he will forget about corruption in no time. I don’t blame him, because that’s why he is Aam Aadmi.
And that is why I can’t vote for that Aam Aadmi to rule this nation. You need to see beyond the horizon to take a nation to greatness. And I seriously doubt that a Aam Aadmi, or a pretender of an Aam Aadmi have the capacity to think beyond the obvious.
Think about it

No comments: