Sunday, December 11, 2005



She was late; as always. But today it was more then 2 hours. I was scanning all the people dropping by at the Bus Stop near by. No… No sign of hers. I was getting angry frustrated minute by minute. Then suddenly I saw her. The usual brisk walk. Head covered with a scarf. She said sorry; but that carried no weight; as if making me wait for two hours was a very minor thing. I wanted to blow; but don’t know why I could never do that with her.
We went to the park where we had been meeting. She did her usual share of protests; saying somebody will see us ; but by now I knew that those were just for effects
Small talk followed and ultimately lead to the very point I dreaded. Now don’t ask me what was that point. For I don’t know for sure till this date. But I knew whenever we reached that point; her eyes became teary and she repeated for nth number of time that we cannot keep on meeting like that. Reasons?? Girls don’t need any reasons. Their tears are reason enough.
So be it; I said suddenly. May be I had had enough. Lets finish this thing now; no point in dragging along. I can’t say how I felt at that point. She was crying; I was feeling bad but not as bad as I thought I will feel. So this is how it feels to break up; I said to myself. That’s kinda easy… I did not know until that point how wrong was I

We decided to have a cup of coffee before I will see her off at the bus stand. We sat together in a restaurant full of couples. Her eyes were still watery. Suddenly she looked at me and said; So, this is the final time we meet. I did not know what hit me. My eyes stated getting moist immediately. Suddenly it hit me; what life would be without her. Without those endless phone calls; without those tears she used to shed after all our arguments. I tried to wipe it off. But it won’t stop at all and now I was literally crying; as if crying my heart out will stop her from leaving me.

Now after all these years when I look back; I feel may be our love (or whatever it was) was doomed from the very beginning. But whatever was the outcome; those were the most intense feelings I ever felt for someone else. Without her; may be I would not have known what is love and what is pain… And I am ever thankful to her just for that

No comments: